Saturday, December 4, 2010

Rihanna is back and 'Loud'





I have to admit that I am certainly not a HUGE fan, but I really do enjoy her music. Although, her albums seem to roll out a bit too often, I do appreciate her growth. I remember when I picked up her 1st album 'Music of the Sun', I don't think I ever listened to the 2nd half of the album. But as she's grown, I've come to really enjoy the music more & more. Even though it wasn't as commercially successful as her previous efforts, 'Rated R', in my opinion, was awesome. I loved the edgy look & sound. I could tell that she was really coming to her own. This album seems to only further that. I love the fact that she is returning to her Bajan roots on tracks like "Man Down" and "Cheers", but still giving fans the dance pop elements they expect on other tracks like singles"Only Girl in the World" and "What's My Name". All in all its a great pop record.

No comments: